With regards to the on-going Qatari diplomatic issue, below is a summary of the latest developments so far:
Qatar: – Land Border with Saudi Arabia is closed.
– No official comment from Maritime Sector as to any restriction to Marine Traffic
or Cargo so far.
UAE: – An extract from UAE’s official press release:
“Closure of UAE airspace and seaports for all Qataris in 24 hours and banning all Qatari
means of transportation, coming to or leaving the UAE, from crossing, entering or leaving
the UAE territories, and taking all legal measures in collaboration with friendly countries
and international companies with regards to Qataris using the UAE airspace and territorial waters, from and to Qatar, for national security considerations.”
– Land Border is closed to Qatari cargo.
– Qatari Transshipment cargo allowed on board, but not for discharge for Feedering to Qatar.
– Qatari cargo already landed must be cleared through Customs within the next 24 hours.
– Last Port – Next Port clearances of Vessels cannot be Qatari.
– Etihad and Emirates have suspended flights to Qatar from this evening – 5th June.
– Immigration of Qatari Nationals has been suspended.
– Qatari Nationals are not allowed to call Fujairah port for any purpose.
– Fujairah Port’s Immigration Department is not allowing personnel to join or sign off vessel if vessel next port / last port is Qatar.
– Regarding vessel calling for bunkering / owners matters at Fujairah anchorage having last port / next port as Qatar we are still awaiting confirmation from port authorities and will revert with further updates.
– At both Fujairah and Khor Fakkan, there are no restrictions for vessels to call for bunkering / owner’s matters even if the vessel’s last or next port is Qatar.
Bahrain: – No official changes or statement from Maritime sector so far.
Egypt: – No official changes or statement from Maritime sector so far.
– Suez Canal verbally confirm no change to Qatari Vessel transits at this time.
Saudi: – Air traffic to and from Qatar has been suspended.
– No official changes or statement from Maritime sector so far.
Official media updates / government announcements and port circulars will be sent out as soon as we receive them.